How we support direct-service literacy providers
- Promote awareness of the importance of literacy, birth to adult, in our community
- Refer people to the appropriate literacy organization when we receive phone and online requests for help
- Share literacy providers’ events, needs, classes, and opportunities via our monthly newsletter and social media
- Share grant opportunities and possible collaborations with providers
- Host Network Meetings for various segments of the literacy provider community so they can better know each other, learn from one another, and partner together
- Offer Professional Development grants to encourage and equip literacy providers in their roles
Professional Development Grant Guidelines:
Must be a current Member Organization of OKCMLC.
Each Member Organization may receive up to $500 per calendar year, pending availability of funds.
Funds are to be used for professional development to benefit the organization (regional conferences, workshops, seminars, webinars, training, etc.). They may be used for staff or volunteers.
To stretch the availability of funds, applicants are asked to take advantage of early bird and other discounts when available. Allow at least three weeks for review, notification, and disbursement of funds.